1.1 Restrictions (Not Allowed)
- SUOMI KP/-31 (Medic)
- M28 con Tromboncino (Medic)
- PO8 Carbine (Recon)
- All Semi-Auto Rifles (doesn’t include Self-Loading Rifles from the Recon class)
- Gewehr 43 (Assault)
- M1A1 Carbine (Assault)
- Turner SMLE (Assault)
- Selbstlader 1916 (Assault)
- Gewehr 1-5 (Assault)
- AG/M42 (Assault)
- Mass 44 (Assault)
- All MMGs
- MG-42 (Support)
- MG-34 (Support)
- VGO (Support)
- M1922 MG (Support)
- All Shotguns
- 12G Automatic (Support)
- M30 Drilling (Support)
- M1987 (Support)
- There are no grenade restrictions.
- Frag Grenade Rifle (Assault)
- PIAT (Assault)
- AP Mine (Medic / Support / Recon)
- Spawn Beacon (Recon)
- Flare Gun (Recon)
- Only the following tanks can be used:
- Valentine Mk VIII (Allied)
- Staghound T17E1 (Allied)
- Panzer IV (Axis)
- Panzer 38T (Axis)
Note: Putting AT Mines in the enemy spawn (red zone) is strictly prohibited.
- Only the following reinforcements can be called in:
- Supply Canister Drop – 2,450 Squad Points
- Smoke Barrage – 7,450 Squad Points
- JB-2 Rocket / V-1 Rocket – 41,500 Squad Points
- This effectively means that every other reinforcement is banned (including but not limited to):
- T48 GMC 6 pdr AT Half-track / Sd. Kfz 251 Pakwagen – 9,850 Squad Points
- Sector Artillery – 17,750 Squad Points
- Churchill Crocodile / Sturmtiger – 20,750 Squad Points
- If a team violates a Gadgets / Armored Vehicles / Reinforcements restriction, only the map the item was used on will be forfeited and not the entire match.
- If a team violates a WEAPONS restriction, a 25 Ticket Penalty per BANNED Weapon Kill will be applied.
- (This means that getting a kill with a – banned weapon doesn’t cost your team the map)
- Teams will be required to report and provide proof of any rule infraction(s) at the end of the map in which the infraction occurred. Failure to do so can possibly void any penalty for the opposing team.
- Fjell 652 (Please use this map to switch sides until the server map rotation issue isn’t solved)
To switch sides on Fjell 652, use the following procedure:
- Add one player from the opposing team (each team should be doing this)
- Have one player from one of the teams quit the server
- You now have one team with 7 and one team with 8 players.
- The team with 8 players can begin switching to the team with 7 players
- Create a new squad and invite your team once you have switched sides
- Continue doing Step 3 until both teams are fully on opposite sides
- Notify the player that left the server that they can now join the server again
Note 1: Complete these steps as soon as possible to avoid any random players joining, if they do, message them nicely or have the team with 8 spawn camp the other team and capture all the flags to clear him out.
Note 2: If you are on PC, make sure your Origin status is set to active and not hidden
Note 3: This is the same on consoles, do not appear as offline.
1.2.3 SIDE SELECTION
Home Team (Left on the Schedule) is allowed to pick which side they wish to start on the first map.
1.3 Server Settings
1.3.1 INSTRUCTIONS – How to use a public server for competitive play:
When searching for servers, set server search options to look for servers that have 10+ spots available. Make sure to choose Squad Conquest as the preferred mode and your region of choice (go with North America and Europe for most options).
Note: Most US players shouldn’t have issues playing in UK / German servers, while every EU player shouldn’t have issues on East US servers.
Once you have a list of servers, join one that preferably has 1/16 slots taken. When in the game, just message the other person and ask them NICELY to leave the server. Being rude will lead to the least favorable results.
Once you are the only person in the server:
1. Ask just one other person from your team to join.
2. When the second person joins, ask them to create a second squad.
3. Next, wait for your opponents to be ready, make sure they are in squads of 4 so it’s easy for the game to start.
4. When everyone is ready, have everyone join the game at the same time. Out of the 6 people in your own team that were waiting, 3 of them should squad join on one of the people already in the server and the remaining 3 on the other.
Don’t join the server by searching for it since you may end up in the opposing team, by joining through squad, you are guaranteed to be on the same side.
Since your opponent joined the game as a squad through server search, they are more likely to be on the opposing team since both squads on your side will already be filled with your teammates.
If random players join, the best way to get rid of them is by messaging them. However, this may not always be possible, in which case you will just have to spawn trap the random players.
Example: If I have 2 randoms on my side and there are 6 on the other, I’ll ask my opponents not to spawn in and proceed to spawn trap their side. Since it’ll be 8v6, it should be relatively simple and eventually, they will all leave. The more randoms they lose, the easier it will be since eventually it will be 8v1. After their team is ready, simply ask them to spawn trap your team to get rid of the remaining random players on your own side.
Sometimes, especially at peak hours, it is extremely hard to find empty servers. In such scenarios, it is suggested that you and your opponents create a total of 4 squads with all the Squad leaders being from the same region. Afterwards, everyone should search for a squad conquest game simultaneously. In most cases, at least 2 out of the 4 squads should end up in the same game. In such cases, just stay in the server and follow the spawn trap method mentioned above to get rid of random players. Messaging also works (just be nice)!
Since it’s hard for some to be nice, here is the message we suggest using: “Hello, can you please leave the server so we may use it for a clan match? It would be appreciated”
PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SWITCH TEAMMATES BETWEEN ROUNDS, just let your tanker play Rotterdam. If even one random joins, it’ll throw off the map rotation. You have to play the map rotation twice to play both sides of every map. If a random joins, getting rid of him will cost you that map and then you’ll have to go through extra maps to replay the second side.
1.3.2 Server Selection
Please use the following guide to figure out what server region you should be playing your match in based on your opponent’s region:
- NA vs NA / EU vs EU / SA vs SA
- If both teams are from the region, the match must be played on a server of the same region as both teams.
- EU vs NA:
- If a European and a North American based team face each other, the server must be played on a North American server, however, the EU team will be the one selecting the server in an attempt to find one as close to the EAST COAST as possible (to improve their ping to the server).
1.4.1 SQUAD CONQUEST
Capture and Hold the Flags
Each match is a Best of 3 Maps. Each map is composed of 2 sides. To win a map, your team must have the most amount of total tickets remaining after both sides of the maps are played.
Your team must win 2 out of the 3 maps to win the match.
1.4.2 BO3 League Matches
Even if your team has already won 2 out of the 3 maps in a match, the third and final map must still be played in full. Meaning each match should have 6 total sides played regardless of the outcome.
1.4.3 BO3 TIES
If your team is playing in a Best of 3 match and the following situations arise, the match is counted as a tie.
Match IS a tie if:
- Team A wins first map, Team B wins second map, and the third map is a tie
- Or any combination of the above.
Match ISN’T a tie if:
- Team A wins first map, both second and third maps are ties.
- Or any combination of the above.
- Each team must communicate their availability with their opponent by:
- Thursday’s (of the respective match week) at 9:00pm CEST.
- If a team fails to communicate their availability (and therefore can’t agree upon a match day) with their opponent by the above timeframe, a 50 ticket penalty on the first side of the first map will be applied for each late day (24 hours).
- Once both teams agree on the date/time they will both play, please confirm the details of your match via your respective #division-chat in the league’s Discord server.
- Thursday’s (of the respective match week) at 9:00pm CEST.
- Please refer to Section 1.7 for more details on the schedule and standard times.
Note: The above rules should give teams at least 48 hours notice to prepare for a match.
1.5.2 MATCH DAY
Failure to abide by the following rules may result in a match forfeit/penalty:
- Teams must have one of their representatives in the League Discord chats 15 minutes prior to the match start in order to communicate which players to invite with the other team.
- Teams have a maximum of 30 minutes past the scheduled match time to have all their players join the respective server used for the first map of the match, and ready to play.
1.5.3 SERVER CRASHES
In the event that a server crashes during a LIVE round, please use the following procedure:
- If the server crashes DURING the first 5 minutes of the match, the round is to be fully replayed.
- If the server crashes AFTER the first 5 minutes of the match, and during the first half of the match, teams will be required to keep the point score obtained thus far, and continue playing the second half of the map.
- If the server crashes DURING the second half of the map, teams will be required to keep the scores of the round in which the server crashed.
1.5.4 PLAYER CRASHES
In the event that a player crashes during a LIVE round, please use the following procedure:
- If a player disconnects before any kills are made at the start of the side (and not match), the side must be restarted.
- If a player disconnects while a kill has been made and the map is therefore live, the player must rejoin the map as soon as possible.
1.5.5 MATCH RESULT REPORTING
- The winning team will be required to report the match result, using the format presented below in their respective #score-submission channel in the “ESB League HUB” Discord server.
- Team A vs Team B
Maps Won: (X)-(X)
Sides Won: (X)-(X)
- If the losing team wishes to contest the result, it must do so within 24 hours of the match end.
- Any result contesting must be done via the #event_assistance channel in the “ESB League HUB” Discord server.
- Team A vs Team B
- Each roster can be composed of 20 Players maximum (8 Starters and 12 Substitutes)
- All players must be on the respective team’s roster on their dedicated team page of the league.esport-battlefield.com website to be considered ELIGIBLE.
- Players must have their EXACT PSN ID / XBL GT / ORIGIN ID (based on the respective platform they are playing the event on) in his/her team’s roster.
- Each player* may only have ONE account* on their team’s roster page.
- Each account* may only be used by 1 person. Account sharing is strictly prohibited.
- Any player caught playing simultaneously for more than one team on the same platform (ex PS4 8v8), regardless of the Division, will receive an immediate ban from the whole season.
- To clarify, a player CAN’T play in multiple divisions even if they are based in different regions either (whether this is NA, EU or SA). A player may however play on a different team on a different platform. Meaning a player could theoretically play on both a PS4 and X1 team at the same time.
- Players who have already received a season ban in previous seasons and are caught breaking this rule again will be permanently banned from all future ESB Leagues.
- At least 90% of a team’s roster must be composed of players living in the region(s) their division is taking place in.
- For divisions marked “INT”, players must be living in either Europe or North America
- For divisions marked “SA”, players must be living in South America
- Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 2 out of region players on their roster.
- As an example, a team competing in one of the “INT” divisions, can’t have more than 2 South American players on their whole roster.
- Teams caught ignoring this rule will receive a penalty point (which deducts 1 point from your team’s point total on the league table) and the player(s) in question will be removed from the roster.
Note: *Player refers to the physical person, while Account refers to the online persona being used by the player.
1.6.2 ROSTER LOCK
- A roster lock will come into place at the start of Week 5. After Monday, June 10th, 2019 at 6:00 am EDT / 12:00 pm CEST no changes can be made to any of the rosters, no exceptions.
1.6.3 ROSTER CHANGES
- Any and all roster changes must be communicated via the #roster-changes channel in the “ESB League HUB” Discord server, by one of the 2 assigned team representatives at least 24 hours prior to the time of their next match.
- If a roster change request is placed on the same day of the match, then the changes will not be validated until after the match is over. Any players used during that match that were not present in the team’s roster prior to the match will be ineligible to play.
- The use of ineligible players results in a map forfeit for each map the player participated in.
- If a player is switching between Team A and Team B within the same league category (ex PS4 8v8 International), the player changing also has the responsibility of notifying the league Admin and verifying his identity by sending a private message with the request to either CodeName_Deus (PSN ID), CodeNameDeus (XBL GT), or CodeName_Deus (Origin ID)
- Each 8v8 Team Roster is composed of 8 STARTERS and 12 SUBSTITUTES. During the course of the season, only a maximum of 10 of the original players may be removed from the team and switched with new ones. This essentially means that at least half of your roster has to remain the same for the duration of the season.
- Players may only switch teams once during the season and before the Roster lock detailed in section 1.6.2 of the rules.
1.7 Official Schedule
The Standard Days/Times for each Match are as follows:
For the “INT” International Divisions: Sundays at 21:00 (9:00pm) CEST (Paris Time)
For the “SA” South American Divisions: Sundays at 20:00 (8:00pm) BRT (Brasilia Time)
The full schedule is detailed below. The Standard Days/Times are there in the event both teams can’t come to an agreement on the Day/Time of the match. When that is the case, the “Standard Day/Time” is to be applied (this is why it appears on the league schedules this way, which doesn’t mean teams can’t agree to play on another Day/Time, as long as it’s in the respective week the match is meant to be played on).
All matches MUST be played in their respective weeks.
- Week 1: Monday, May 13th – Sunday, May 19th
- Match 1: Sunday, May 19th
- Week 2: Monday, May 20th – Sunday, May 26th
- Match 2: Sunday, May 26th
- Week 3: Monday, May 27th – Sunday, June 2nd
- Match 3: Sunday, June 2nd
- Week 4: Monday, June 3rd – Sunday, June 9th
- All-Star Draft: Friday, June 7th
- All-Star Game: Saturday, June 8th
- Match 4: Sunday, June 9th
- Week 5: Monday, June 10th – Sunday, June 16th
- General Roster Lock: Monday, June 10th
- Match 5: Sunday, June 16th
- Week 6: Monday, June 17th – Sunday, June 23rd
- Match 6: Sunday, June 23rd
- Week 7: Monday, June 24th – Sunday, June 30th
- Match 7: Sunday, June 30th
Playoffs: Brackets Released on Monday, July 1st
- Playoffs Weekend: Saturday, July 6th – Sunday, July 7th
- Quarter-Finals: TBA
- Semi-Finals: TBA
- Final: Sunday, July 7th
1.8 Spectator Mode
Teams are forbidden from spectating matches no matter the reason, even if their team isn’t currently playing in the match. Teams are therefore responsible for all their players and need to remind them of this. Even if it’s currently impossible to disable spectator slots as matches are played on public servers, teams are responsible for their players.
Teams caught spectating will face the following consequences if enough proof is gathered.
- The player(s) using spectator mode will receive a 6-month ban from ESB events.
- If the player is a member of one of the teams that ARE playing, they will forfeit the entire match the spectator was used on.
- The team spectating will also be disqualified from the league and will be unable to participate in the next Battlefield V – Season 1.
We, therefore, ask teams to act with proper sportsmanship and refrain from cheating.
1.9 Fair Play
- We ask teams to refrain from abusing known glitches to get an advantage in matches. Due to the different nature of these glitches, each case will be reviewed individually and a decision will be made by the admins.
- As Section 1.6 of the rules states, sharing accounts is strictly prohibited.
- IMPORTANT: While we don’t have private matches/servers available, getting into a server (and clearing it out) for both league matches and practice ones can be a frustrating experience at times. With this in mind, all players participating in the league are expected to behave adequately to promote sportsmanship and are to refrain from any abusive behavior towards other teams that can be disruptive to a match whether official or not. Players caught trolling, refusing to clear out a server being used by other teams or actively trying to disrupt a match whether official or not, will be suspended from the league and possibly banned based on the severity of the situation at hand.
We, therefore, ask teams to maintain a certain level of fair play when playing in our events.
Throughout the event, Official ESB Casters will be available to broadcast and commentate on your matches through various stages of the event. If one of the casters below contacts you regarding casting your match, please make sure to give him the necessary information to allow him to do so. Matches will be broadcast on https://www.twitch.tv/esbinternationaltv
- BrettFX – BrettFX#7655
- CodeName_Deus – CodeName_Deus#0296
Participating in our leagues takes a lot of effort and dedication from teams who want to compete in a stable and competitive environment consistently. Teams that participate in our leagues automatically commit to playing their respective season fully.
Teams who chose to leave or stop playing in the league before the season is over may face the following consequences:
- Ban from participating in the next ESB League Season.
Note: Teams who forfeit more than 3 Games during a single season may be banned from participating in the upcoming season as well.
1.11.2 REMOVED TEAMS
- In the event that a team retires or is removed from the League during the first part of the season (prior to the All-Star break), every match played won’t count towards the league table and all future fixtures will be counted as a bye.
- In the event that a team retires or is removed from the League during the second part of the season (after the All-Star break), the matches that remain to be played by that team will be counted as 0-2 (0-4) losses, in favor of the team(s) that was supposed to play them.